Friday, November 26, 2010

My 1st Half Marathon

21st November 2010...I ran my 1st Half Marathon.  Not too bad leh...for someone who never liked running before and only started trying out 7 months ago.  *pat on shouulder*

Red for half marathoners ; Green for quarter marathoners



Timing chip by main sponsor  DiGi




Attaching chip onto shoes




Ready to rock!


Imagine  : "waking up" at 12.30am (my normal bedtime -.-).....tell me..what facial product do you put on under such circumstances? Night cream or day cream?

Protection to prevent recurring injuries
It was quite puzzling....why on earth?!  


Breakfast or supper?

We got to the event site around around 2 ish....in the morning.  It was a short drive from our suite at Vistana.  Fare: RM25.



First and most important task before flag off...was to look for the loo.






After a short session of stretching and warming up ..soon it was time...to roll !!!

The best part has always been the flag off.....close to euphoric.

Unlike previous runs..I learnt to start at a slower and relaxed pace ..mainly to avoid aggravating the muscle injury again.  In fact...I didn't pick up pace at all...so I ended up pacing with SH all the way till the end.

We enjoyed ourselves....making fun of each other yet......silently motivating and pushing each other to keep running while listening to our favourite cardio music.  She didn't put hers on..but apparently she could hear mine ..lol

2 unlimited's Get Ready For This
Billy Idol's Shock to the System and many more...kept us me pumped up all the way


a first glimpse of the bridge


We got to the beginning of the bridge after about 30 mins (roughly)  into running






Wind was blowing strongly from the sea as we move further up the bridge..rumors say that..the lighter ones may be blown off the bridge :D







Finally...the peak of the bridge.

It starting POURING when we reached the arch.  Initially we were like...Oh man!  Oh shit! Oh f**k!
Co-incidentally..my shuffle started playing OMG from Usher :D :D :D

After getting used to the rain and it was all FUN FUN FUN !!

We were drenched from head to toe..my earphone started going cranky..but it was still FUN.  At one point I shut off shuffle cos I was worried about the rain spoiling it..but then....it became so boring..I was complaining to SH....that I suddenly felt very tired and de-motivated..and bored and hungry...and I needed to pee...bla bla bla.  Put music back on....and ..I'm back 'up' :D

Oh..have I mentioned that Ms P arrived 8 hours before the race :s  Not going to elaborate...will leave it to your imagination :P




I started having major pains on the left leg towards the final 5km...but had to continue running cos it hurts more to walk.  Pit stopped at every medic corner to get treatment...which helped ease a little.  Wasn't fun aanymore.....especially during the last 3km after leaving the bridge ...it was sooooo boring....and the pain was soooo bad.  Limped all the way back to KL :P but all's well now..almost back to normal. I've resumed normal gym activities :)




Overall, in my opinion, the event was quite well organised.

Our of all the 6-7 runs I participated in so far..PBIM has the most 'bodies' in terms of medics, scouts, volunteers, etc


Will I do it again next year?  May be...
Pssst..a naughty little voice keeps telling me that 42km is achievable : /




Oh..by the way..my official timing..3 hrs 14 mins =) within the qualifying time of 3.5 hours =)



Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment