Friday, February 01, 2013

Lizard Pose



Still having problems with my groin/hip/leg.
Stopped going to painful massages, too costly and not worth it for the pain I had to endure for the little bit of improvement.

As mentioned earlier, there were significant improvements but it's not totally cured.

He was right though in saying that it's a vein injury and it's more complicated and takes much longer to heal compared to muscle, ligaments or tendons, etc.  This is confirmed by an instructor in the gym.
At least now I know..there's such thing as vein injury.

All that I gather from the massage guy is that..sometimes our veins become twisted, retracted, knotted, etc, thus we feel pain or uncomfortable.  One of his advice is to rest for at least 30 mins after an activity before going into shower or washing up, not necessary an exercise..even when you come back from a shopping trip, work, etc
The idea is to let the body cool down..before applying water..not even warm water.

Sounds familiar? My father said that a billion times since we were young..but of course we never listen.


Similarly, my instructor advised me to stretch as much and as long as possible, especially after a work out when the body and muscles are warm.. it's very beneficial to lengthen the veins.  The main idea is to stretch and lengthen the veins..

If we piece the two concepts together, it makes a whole lot of sense.  What the massage guy does is apply extreme pressure to straighten or lengthen the veins.  Stretching does the same, if we understand and know where and how to stretch.

My instructor explained and showed me some very useful positions..so I do it after each work out, and each time I feel good.  The rest is up to me to trial and error and feel.

I recently discovered that this Lizard Pose is very good in releasing the tightness in the groin.  Normally I do this (if I remember) after a work out .

http://www.browseyoga.com

This morning I woke up feeling some pain and tightness after a short run yesterday, so I did the lizard pose..it was quite painful in the beginning, but after sometime..I felt a significant relief.


Looks like..I gotta be a lizard more often :P



Best Blog Tips

4 comments:

  1. OK I must also try this next time

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds familar..my doc also suggested we have to do lots of stretching before workout...and I will try to do it as much as possible.
    I felt the same but mine was confirmed a tendon injury.

    Perhaps..yoga might be the future workout option for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before workout is harder to stretch, when the muscles are cold and hard, try to stretch more after workout too. I saw Maria Sharapova also has expert to stretch her after her training..so this must be true :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. massage is useless and only temporary... must have some proper nutrition to boost immune system to help you heal, stretching is good :)

    ReplyDelete