Thursday, October 27, 2011

Diwali Day Out with The Dad


We had a break in the middle of the week.  How nice..
That's one of the beautiful things about living in Malaysia, we get holidays from all major festivals regardless of race =)

Yesterday was Deepavali, the beginning of the Hindu New Year.

We live in a multi-racial society, but that doesn't mean we also celebrate Deepavali (a.k.a. Diwali) eventhough we aren't Hindus.

Sometimes we get invitation from Hindu friends, I'm going to one on Friday night..but it's gonna be a combi of Deepavali + Halloween + Birthday (for 2 kids). Fun!


So...back to my Diwali day out.  It was one of my dad's very rare off day too..so I decided to do something with him. 

Anything...

His favourite destination has always been Kampar, his own home town and I do agree it's a great destination for good food. But..we've been there so MANY times... and I was a bit lazy to drive so far out of town.


So..I opted for somewhere nearer instead.  Rolled out of bed around 9am, checked the net for directions to Kampung Bukit Tinggi, and off we go :D


Kampung Bukit Tinggi is a very small town off the Karak Highway in Bentong.  We stumbled upon this town   quite some months back while we were exploring Janda Baik.  I was hoping to have brunch there and at the same time get the kaya puffs.  Wrote about them here too..too lazy to locate the link now.  Hee...
Steam Vermicelli with Village Chicken
We had brunch upon arrival at Foon Lock Restaurant.  Had the above with some vege for RM20.  Quite reasonable? 

Immediately after the meal, we walked up the slope to a coffee shop for coffee of course =D



So nice...
Local Coffee with Toasted Bread

Before leaving, Dad bought a Durian at one of the stalls!  He paid almost RM19 for a D24, slightly cheaper than KL apparently.



I decided to frive onwards towards Bentong town..since we were so nearby.   Didn't find anything interesting though.  Bought some snacks from road side stalls.  Dad bought another two Durians ..!

Got back to KL around 3pm..just in time for late lunch.  I stopped by Pan Heong near batu Caves..the place that serves the best Wat Tan Hor.  Again..I blogged about it before.. Sorry no link..running out of time.  Gotta run..!! 


Oh..dinner was DURIAN!

=D

Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear u had a great day out wif dad....rare occasion and the little time where v can spent time wif them....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time if I go to Bukit Tinggi, I will get the names of the restaurant & coffee shop from you :)

    ReplyDelete