Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Malaysia Women Marathon - happening soon


Hey, you know what, I think I forgot to tell you, (my blog), that I'm gonna run in the inaugural Malaysia Women Marathon this April, 7th.

Source : MWM Facebook page
Participating in running events especially shorter distance had become a trend of some sort, thanks to great efforts by the pioneer events and their respective sponsors like the Standard Chartered, Energiser, Adidas, Nike, Shape & Men's Health, etc.  These are the older and most popular events few years back.  

Recent years, many new events had cropped up..for "different" reasons.

If someone runs a profiling survey on current participants, I foresee there will be at least 3 main groups e.g. 

Hardcore runners - serious enthusiasts who participates in almost every run
Gymies - gym enthusiasts who decided to take up running to test their fitness
Social - ocassional participate together with friends, just for fun
Newbies - younger group, probably students, participating for fun and hype, may not be fit

I should fall in between the 2nd or 3rd group.

Normally, I'd decide to sign up only when the event is interesting, especially new ones . Brand plays an important role :P  Friends are also important factors, if I no one's interested, I won't sign up.  Sometimes the 'mood' factor comes, I'm a woman you see.


Somehow, someway, certain events new or old captures my interest.   The PJ Dawn And GE Live Great Run for example, both were new, not so well known, yet I signed up.

"THE FIRST ALL WOMEN MARATHON"  -- yes,that is enough to get my buy in :)


The registration fee are quite expensive, and this is the first race I've signed up that doesn't come with a running top.  Instead they highlighted that a pareo will be given out.  It's a women thing, apparently.  Not that they expect us to run in it though.

Secondly, the fun category 8km doesn't have any finisher medal. What's the point of participating in a run and don't come back with a medal and running top?!

So..I'm going for the Half Marathon!


Source : MWM Facebook page




Let's see, I've done only two HM in the last couple of years.

The first was Penang Bridge 2010, it was mighty fun cos it was raining cats and dogs throughout.

The second was Energiser Night Run 2011, I was at the fittest state ever, unfortunately I didn't push to the maximum.

Was suppose to follow up with a third at the SCKLM 2011 but I developed a nasty back problem a month before the run, cause unknown, and still somewhat persisting till today.

Sadly, my physical condition did not improve much from then.  Currently still struggling with multiple minor problems all over.  I'm just thankful that I can still continue being somewhat active without any major setbacks.

But, it's gonna be 21km in MWM April 7th yor...urgh.

Oh. by the way, I'm one of the lucky 150 MWM HM participant to get a free slot to the 2013 Orang Asli Run.  Don't know much about it as yet, seen a video and blog posts about previous year runs..looks fun! In short, it's a charity event, not race, to raise funds for the orang asli village.  This year will be for a village in Gombak.  We're gonna run/walk deep into the forest, to visit the village, I think.  Will talk about it more..when I get more info, or if I made it to the run!






Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment