Sunday, April 01, 2007

Credit card ready after 4 mths!

I can't even remember when I applied for the card with this M Bank. It has to be end of last year when I refinanced the home loan with the bank. Ever since then there wasn't any updates from them. I made several calls to the sales rep. who handled my loan - she kept saying they have 'sent' my application and will 'find out' about the status for me. Of course..she never call back la.

I have almost given up hope la. It's not that I am so hard up for the card...it's just that I need the card if I decide to go for the lasik treatment..it gives 24 mths instalment.

On Friday, the letters dated 6th March arrived!!! Wa..it takes almost month for the letters to arrive to my home - the address on the letter head says the card centre is at Jalan Tun Perak, KL - my house is in Segambut KL. Wonder if the letters came via a snail?

In total there are 3 letters. Essentially, all 3 says the same thing - I have to go collect the card at the branch MYSELF. What donkey requirement is that? These people must be living in the cave all these while! Aren't they suppose to send to us? One of the letter says:

We are pleased to inform you that your new card(s) are ready for collection.

Kindly call personally at the branch mentioned below during normal banking hours & bring along your identity card/ driving licence/ passport when collecting the card(s).......bla bla bla.


What nonsense...

Best Blog Tips

5 comments:

  1. why are u so fumed? :D haha.. funny to see u scolding away like that. it's normal that we need to collect the cards ourselves ma... but the delay in approving and sending the letters were indeed a snail job, agreed on that. haha.. still funny -u just got urself an ancient card, from zaman neopology - cavemen's era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is local banks for you. Foreign banks will not inconvenient their customers like that. They will just send the card to you.

    Look like the local banks still have a lot to learn when it comes to customer service and technology ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's not normal la IO. of all the banks that i dealt with so far...all the cards were sent to me. (even the silly A bank that still sends me my 2 cents statement after i stopped the card 2 years)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm ... what a coincidence. So, you can use this new credit card to pay for your lasik 24 months installation??

    ReplyDelete
  5. well, if i tell you, those banks in hong knog are doing the same thing, i.e. requiring customers to personally collect cards at the branches, would that make you feel better? yes, this is what they do in hong kong. i was just as mad as you!

    ReplyDelete