Sunday, October 10, 2010

We ran KL 10.10.10

First and foremost...sorry for the false suspense in the last entry.  It didn't happen after all : /  I had an ambitious thought that we could hop over to Lot 10 and join in the HooHa 5.5km fun run after completing the 10km at KLCC with Nike ..heee.

Of course it didn't happen.

My friends were right, I was already pretty much flat after the first10km.  No go.  In fact, the flag off at Lot 10 was scheduled at 8.20am, it was already about there when I finished at KLCC : (


Oh well..another time.

As for doing something crazy....aiming to complete 21km at the Penang Bridge International Marathon without much training what so ever..is. CRAZY enough!

Especially when I finally realised now that I may not be as fit as I thought after all.  As you can see..instead of running, I was happily snapping photos ..hmm.

Running along the AKLEH was quite cool but a tad bit daunting for me because of the slope 





So..yes..it was another memorable event.  Was initially quite lazy and wasn't too excited about the whole thing, especially when we had to get up in the wee hours. Yawnz.  Started to wonder if I'm beginning to get bored and will eventually stop participating.




But hey..check this out.  It's the KLCC!  The peak of any running event is always the electrifying atmosphere at the starting line.  The adrenalin rush is unexplainable.  Different events, different organisers, different venues offers a different experience each time.


The feeling of dashing off with 8,000 others...is difficult for me to describe.




Amazing view! Picture taken from NikeMY


I must say Nike has succeeded in promoting running to the younger group.
Of course, their running range has also reached another level of recognition.


Don't. we. look. good?


The event was well managed too.

Sufficient medics (all of them wearing the Global Doctors vests).
Sufficient drinkss stations (every 2km)
Sufficient volunteers.

Sufficient bananas

Entertainment along the way (Every 2km)





But...how we wished that they could give us a finisher medal instead of a ......





TOY.
Best Blog Tips

1 comment: