Sunday, December 04, 2011

Facebook Family


We just had a little-big family do to welcome the latest addition to the family.  Sis extended the invitation to most relatives, some we haven't met for a long time.  Despite not meeting for so long, we were not totally lost touch, thanks to Facebook.

We attended cousin A's wedding some years ago.  We were never really close, I don't think I've ever spoken to him.  His wife, however, took the initiative to befriend with us in Facebook.   Months later, he added us too.  We don't really interact though, but by being connected virtually we came to know that they had a baby boy three months ago.  They also have an elder gal not long after the wedding, again we have not met the gal but because of Facebook updates it seemed like we've met many times.  So..when the family came by, it wasn't that hard to break the ice.  

I was talking to one of my Uncle (late 60s) and asking him about his grand kids, how cute they are, how they have grown..he went.."oh..you saw in Facebook?"

Had a similar conversation with the Aunt..she said the same thing.."oh Facebook ah"

Most of my aunts and uncles are not savvy.  They have just caught up with carrying a mobile phone :P  They may not live long enough to ever understand what social networking is all about but..Facebook is definitely part of their lives now.   I was having lunch with another Aunt and she was asking me about my running and telling me that she saw a video of my youngest nephew on the 'internet'.  Her daughter has been showing her stuff on Facebook ..haha.

As with all gatherings,  especially in this era with smart phones and digital cameras, everyone will be busy taking photos ...of kids especially.  Snap snap snap ....

The same Uncle called out from his car while leaving.."Remember to post pictures in Facebook!"

Lols...


Best Blog Tips

2 comments: