Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ran : Nike We Run KL 10K



So..I ran KL with Nike again.  Last year was on the 10.10.10 on the AKLEH. 
Click HERE to read about last year's experience.


The AKLEH (Ampang KL Elevated Highway) sounded exciting?
But..we are quite sure by now after AKLEH and NPE during Adidas KOTR that highway runs are very boring indeed.

Nike We Run KL 2011 was on 27.11.11, start / end point was at Padang Merbok, near Jalan Parlimen.  



The route was supposedly designed to take us through various historical sites around KL...namely

...Lake Gardens
...National Museum
...National Mosque
...National Railway Station
...National Bank
...National Monument

But ermm.. I don't actually remember seeing much of those. May be..I did pass the railway station..and I think I did run pass the road where the Museum is. I must be too occupied with running and didn't really bother with the 'attractions'.  There is one thing that I will remember for life though ~ the stinging smell from fertilisers from the Lake Gardens! And the some awful stench along Brickfields probably from some rubbish truck!

Other than that, I was quite 'focused' on running.  Ya..was relatively more serious this time as I wanted to see how fast I can clock since I feel much stronger now, finally..after all the injuries downtime. That explains why I have less pictures to show this time.

The unofficial time from my phone app is 1hr 21mins.  If I were to count hairs, it should be less cos it was activated a few seconds before crossing the start point :D

My best time for 10km so far based on my previous post was 1 hr 17mins during SCKLM in 2010 :  my second 10km !

Sigh...no improvement at all =(





Well, most will agree that it's quite tough to go for personal best in this run given the packed conditions.  At one stretch, we were all squeezed into 2 lanes with not much room to run even walk, so most ended up walking or interval running in between short stretches.





I was looking forward to going a little faster towards the last few km but .. oh my..the last few km was a long slope! Not very steep..but quite punishing....when it's right at the end of the race~

Anyhow..given the conditions..1 hr 21 mins..is not too bad ler..I think :P


This is way too cute!


As usual, Nike begs to differ. We were given a souvenier instead of a medal.  This year's token is much much better than last year's toy.

That's it for 2011.  By the way, I enjoy the shorter distance..so much more relaxing.  Not sure if I'm still gonna run next year or if I'm gonna do any longer distance.

 GLL asked if I'm gonna do a Full before I retire.

:-O







Best Blog Tips

1 comment: