Monday, September 10, 2012

KOTR 2012


It was a good run despite the awful stench from the Penchala river and air pollution from open burning from nearby industrial areas.  In fact, I don't remember breathing in any fresh air at all.

This year's route seemed more difficult though, quite a few slopes to climb, let's just say it didn't feel flat at all from start till end.  Oh..it was very hot too cos of the morning sun and we were on an elevated highway.

Altitude : KOTR 2012 10KM
Comparing with last year's 16.8KM route: the highest point was 46M vs. this year's 10KM was 58M.

Total climb in the 10KM was 372M vs. 68M last year.  Wow..that's a huge difference..not sure if that's the correct way to read it though..but that's what the Sportypal app says.

Altitude : KOTR 2011 16.8KM



Despite the climbs and the nagging injuries, I'd like to think that I did quite well :)  If not for the slopes I might have a PB :P





Here's a quick comparison below with my last run at PJ Dawn 12KM, KOTR's numbers in bracket.

Distance: 12.47km (vs. 11.33km)
Speed: 7.30 km/h (vs. 7.93 km/h)
Pace: 8.13 min/km (vs. 7.35 mins/km)


Conclusion?  Err..lets just say I'm getting closer to where I was before.  Speed and pace is not bad what..I was going at 6.79km.h at last year KOTR, the slowest run I ever did.

Here's an awesome pic of the runners on the highway:

Look carefully to the far end of the horizon, can you see the sea of runners heading up the highway, awesome isn't it?


And here's the medal for 2012..

Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment