Thursday, September 06, 2012

Malacca again


The last time I went to Malacca was back in July 2007 with PPL.  We were on a quest for food, food nothing but food.  Armed with a list of recommendations from a trusted Malaccan, a map and my old faithful Kia Spectra, we trooped the town and ate from start till end.

Click HERE  to read about it.


Yesterday, 5 years later, 5 years older, I attempted to do the same with Chris.

I lost the original list that we had in 2007, so we only had the blog entry as reference. Mindset was a little different this time though.  We were not that keen to try all the food. We were more into having a relaxing and short getaway for the day but food is still on the main agenda.

Five years had changed us in many ways.  Let's just say we are more mellow now :)

We left town around close to 10am, arrived in Malacca around 12 plus.  Just in time for brunch!

In this era, we don't need the printed map.  I switched on my Waze application and searched for 85, Jonker Street - to look for the Wan Ton Mee that I've been missing since 2007.



Malacca Style Wan Ton Mee @ 85, Jonker Street

After the yummy meal, we took a little walk at Jonker, had ice cream, the old way, got a sun tan, sweat like a pig...

Red Bean and Corn Flavour

We wanted to have Fried Radish Cake at Tengkera but I couldn't recall where exactly in Tengkera was it, after some time, we changed our mind and went straight to the Dataran Pahlawan area for something more filling.  It's LUNCH.

We had 24 sticks of satay. A mixture of pork meat, intestines, chicken gizzards..somehow, this time I prefer the intestines and gizzards.  Hmm..like I said, time and age change us in some ways or other.

They're out of this world.  You won't wanna eat other satay after having these.


Ming Sate Hut @ Jalan PM 4

Next to Ming Sate, there is something that I've missed for 5 years too.

The best Mille Crepes Ever!


The best Mille Crepes @ Nadeje, Jalam PM4

The first one we had was the original version..it was soooooo creamy and nice.
The we ordered another one..Tiramisu flavour...sooooo gooood.

We almost had another one.

It was such a wonderful afternoon...great yummy dessert with coffee and tea.

We sat there till evening..past 5pm.

We took a stroll at a mall nearby, and then decided that we couldn't eat anything else at least for another two hours.  

We decided to head back to KL.


So...we drove about 140 kilometres to have lunch and tea.

Meals cost us about RM50 roughly.  
Petrol and highway toll charges was close to RM100.


LOL~

But we had a good time and we may do it again :P





Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm ok you give me some ideas where to go for food in Melaka :). Next time you go again for food trip, I am going to follow............even on a week day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How I wish I can follow u all ... Miss the Mille crepe ...

    ReplyDelete