Monday, January 06, 2014

Status: Self Employed still


I wrote these in Dec 2011 :

Today is officially my last day as an employee.
Today is also the last day of a company that I've been part of for the last 8 years.



I personally do not wish see it as an end.  It's a new beginning.  A beginning of a new path.  New relationships.  New experience.  Whether it will be a smooth or rocky path, I'm not sure.


It's been 2 years! Oh dear, how time flies...

You might asked, did I make the right decision not to stay in the work force?

Till today, I can't give you a definite answer.

But I do know for sure, I'm still reluctant to go back to the rat race world no matter how great the remuneration is.  Not that I'm worth that much..in fact, it can be something to worry about eg my monetary worth may be declining for staying away too long.

Oh well, long story cut short.  It all depends on what one wants or rather the personality that one has.  A 'go-getter', high flyer, or like me.  Describing myself...I'm not ambitious, I don't see myself being up there in the corporate ladder, I prefer to do what I do best,comfortably, at the same time, having sufficient income to support my rather 'comfortable' lifestyle.

When I was choosing the car..my sis had repeatedly stressed on her point about.."I should be driving a car of greater status and value at my age..bla bla"  I don't agree with her at all.  At the end of the day, it is about value of life.  Yes, if I'm employed with 30K gross income a month, I can go for a bigger car.  Or..I should go back to a jobg with 20-30K gross income in order to drive a bigger car?  Go figure..

I'm very happy with where I am.  I'm happy with my little Polo Sedan.  I've not been travelling for leisure for last 2 years..I do miss travelling once in a while..but don't have an urgent need for it, as yet.

So..you must be asking..so HOW WELL AM I DOING FINANCIALLY??

Ok...ok..it's good news in 2013.  Rough count.. margins (total revenue minus direct business expenses) exceeds my minimum target.  My minimum target was set based on fixed financial commitments eg loans, insurance, etc and daily expenses.


Not too bad eh?  But but...I must stress that total income is still LESS than my last drawn salary. Go figure :)









Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. As long as you are happy and enjoying yourself, that's good enough :). In fact I envy you.

    As for holidays, let's try to plan another all gals trip..............go somewhere near, maybe even in M'sia. After all, it's the company that counts right?

    ReplyDelete