Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Day Trip to Kampar

On the second day of Hari Raya, a quiet Sunday..I took the car and drove my dad all the way to Kampar. 'Armed' only with a newspaper cutting, the car and my mobile phone camera..we headed to Kampar determined to catch thier hawker food as higlighted in the newspaper. Kampar is my father's home town. We were there once before this but dint manage to eat anything as we didnt know much about the town.

This time..since dad wasn't working..we manage to leave early at around 9am (although my initial intention was to leave at 8am).

Apart from food, we also visited Gua Tempurung. The scenery during very short drive to the place is breathtaking. We paid 6 bucks each to take a short 40 mins walk in the outer part of the cave. The more adventurous exploration can take up to 3 hours and one will end up wet & muddy. .Surprisingy, my camera phone managed to capture pretty decent shots from the inside of the cave.





Not too bad for a camera phone isn't it?


While waiting for food to digest, we visited the temple.
Duck thigh soup for brunch...


Famous char kuey teow for breakfast.."have to wait one hour ah"..this is a repeated line we had from the lady boss when we made our order.
"Ngai chai ngok" - short houses...some of the older shop houses in Kampar


Overall, we had fun. My dad was really happy. We ended our visit in the evening. Finale was a packet of claypot chicken rice - to be enjoyed at home. Oh ya...if you want good 'kopi peng' - ice coffee...try Kampar. So far....it's the best I've ever had.
Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. hm ... i never travel alone with my dad before ... may be can try once and see if it is as peaceful as your trip :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah so nice of you :). I must say quite adventurous too :). Eh next time you hv such an impromptu plan, can invite me oso ah

    ReplyDelete