Wednesday, October 24, 2007

HOT Yoga

Yesterday, I supposedly was all geared to go for a swim at the gym but chickened out when I saw the empty pool. Am beginning to wonder if anybody uses the pool! Luckily I brought along some 'dry' gear , so I reluctantly change to a track bottom (for some reasons I didn't have an extra T-shirt, so I had to make do with the blouse I am wearing).

I was really dragging my feet, half angry at myself for chickening out. Totally not in a mood to work with machines..so I decided to pay a visit to the yoga corner..since I have not done any yoga for a long time.

Hot Yoga starts in 10 minutes time! How lucky was I. I quickly took off my shoes and waited. This new gym setup is so nice - they have this whole quiet secluded area dedicated to yoga go-ers...equpped with seats, sofa benches, carpets, water cooler, shoe shelves. So comfortable.

The hot yoga room....is HOT! Whilst the exercises are not really tough...but since I have not attended any yoga classes for months...some strecthing movements were indeed challenging for me. The instructor warned that if one has high blood pressure or recently had surgery , hot yoga is not advisable. And..if anyone feels unwell during the class...do feel free to walk out and take a break. I understood exactly why he had to say that..by the 30th minute of the class. I was wet! Sweating..and breathless to some extend. The room was so warm, hot to be exact..one tend to feel out of breath. The only good part is the sweating..never sweat so much for some time. AND I didn't have an extra shirt..so I couldn't shower! Made my way home in an extremely wet and smelly shirt.

A few people left the room after half an hour..I follow suit cos I was beginning to feel nauseous too...may be because I had a very early lunch - didnt want to have another blackout incident.

Nevertheless, I will definitely go for it again..it is a good relaxing but effective way to sweat it out.
Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment