Monday, October 01, 2012

Salomon X-Trail 2012 : Muddy Yet Fun


I was afraid to sign up last year after looking at pictures from the Singapore edition, but a gym friend who went said that it was a very pleasant run.."one of my most enjoyable run" ..he said.

I googled to look for some blog post before signing up, there weren't many but the few that I found gave decent feedback.   I remembered reading about ...

..having option not to go into the muddy water
..trails were not that bad


So..I signed up..with some friends.

It was 7am, Sunday morning.
Start / End Venue: Universiti Putra Malaysia's Stadium
Trail : Unversiti Putra Malaysia's farm





As a precaution, we decided not to wear our new shoes..except for ML who wore her new Brooks. Oops..




 "Option not to get wet" wasn't allowed this year..some lucky ones managed to squeeze through the side barricades before a strict and fierce martial blocked off  the gap with her mountain bike.



And..we were warned before the race that the trail is very muddy due to rain the night before. Dang..

We were also told to get our cameras ready as there will be lot's of animals.



But we only saw cows .



Well, there were two horses towards the end.  No idea where the said deers, sheeps went..or may be it was a joke.

Anyhow...we enjoyed the scenery and fresh air.



For once, there were no smelly rivers, smelly drains and traffic pollution..
Even the dungs smelled fresh!






It was a good run...err..walk to be exact.  Too rocky and muddy to run..(for me at least, didn't want to risk twisting my already weaken ankles.)..a trail running shoe will be much better, I guess.

It was quite hilly too.



Overall..it was a very refreshing experience ..




Almost like the Horton Plains :P


Favourite shot!


My poor NB :( ..those are fairly new socks too!





But it's all worth it..I think :)





Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment