Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Maxis Listens


Somewhere around the Q2/Q3 this year I encountered major difficulties with Maxis data services  both 2G/3G) inside Amcorp Mall, Petaling Jaya. Thinking that it was only in the LG, I accepted the 'flaw' since it's quite common to have weak mobile / data coverage in more 'secluded' areas.  

Towards end September, I discovered that even the upper floors did not have coverage.  The internet were totally inaccessible when I was on the 1st floor, 3rd floor, everywhere.  That was totally unacceptable.  I decided to place a tweet at the Maxis Listens tweet wall. I was told that they react faster when a feedback or complain is formally logged.

True enough, they were responsive. My tweet was acknowledged in less than 2-3 hours.  I received a call shortly.  The caller was good at asking all the relevant questions..from which shop I was in to what app I was trying to access.

In a day a two I received another call to inform me that there was indeed a technical fault in the area..and the repair is estimated to take a few weeks (if I remember correctly).  

I was happy with the response team.  

Unfortunately..come mid October..about 2 weeks later, I tried to access again on the 3rd floor..it wasn't working still.  I tweeted them again..providing the previous reference number.

This time the follow through wasn't that good.  The person who called this time didn't seem to have check the records before calling me.  I can't remember what transpired in the conversations.. I think the last call I received was to tell me that they have revisited the site and solved the problem.  They've asked me to inform them immediately if I have problems again.

Well, my occupation is not to go roaming around the mall to test data coverage but the few times I tried over the last two months has been...satisfactory.

The 2G seems to be working fine...albeit slow.

But whenever I switched to 3G..this happens:




I'm not gonna complain anymore..I'm tired.  I know..we pay so much a month for faulty services..?

I'll bear with 2G for now...still bearable.

I've a typical Malaysian attitude.




Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. This is ONE BIG reason why I refuse to upgrade to smartphones because we are almost always shortchanged

    ReplyDelete