Friday, July 11, 2008

20 yrs ago vs. Current

I am getting old!! I find myself behaving more & more like what my parents used to be like.

I keep comparing how good food used to taste like.
How cheap things used to be.
How I miss the siew yuk rice that I used to have with my F6 mates every week when we were on our way to economics tuition class.

I seem to prefer listening to old songs..songs that I used to like when I was in my teens *duh* Believe it or not..I found myself enjoying Rick Ashley's Never Gonna Give You Up and Tommy Page's Shoulder to Cry On when Red FM was playing them some evenings ago. This morning..My FM played one of Jacky Cheung's old song..I surprised myself that I could sing along some parts of it. It is a Cantonese song..I can't even read Chinese...how on earth did I learn those lyrics!

20 years ago, did you have visions or imagination on what your life will be like? I did. I'd have imagined myself working in some corporate position, dressed professionally, and will drive home everyday to my own family (with kids of course). Hint -- I'd never thought I will ever pick up driving skills. So..being able to drive was an AMBITION okay.

I'd also have visions..that I will be working in some meaningful job...for instance being a counsellor at hospitals, orphanages..or may be working with NGOs on some meaningful programs.

What was your vision 20 yrs ago? Are you anywhere close?

Me ..??? Well..I own a car now! And I drive everyday! That's about it!

Here I am...in my jeans, T-shirt and Crocs....blogging and FB-ing instead of working on some High Profile business project. Neither am I working on any meaningful non-profit program.

tsk tsk tsk...and oh yes. I am not even married :---

UPDATE:
After posting this entry I chatted with A about this topic.
A told me that she actually doesn't remember having any dreams or visions.
Conversation with A as follows:

A says (2:45 PM): yeah maybe i not so visionary. that's y, still stay where i m lor
A says (2:45 PM):dun hv a big hse n car
WSL says (2:46 PM):u were v focus on studying
WSL says (2:46 PM):not day dreamer like me
WSL says (2:46 PM):didnt u dream abt..wat u wil be like when u grow up
WSL says (2:47 PM):or rather wat u envision ur life wil be like
A says (2:47 PM):got oso........i remember i want to be air stewardess until i realize i very short

Some moments later, I told B about A's dream about being a stewardess. COnversation with B as follows:

B: that's also my vision - free travel

W SL: haha

B: I even went to hotel for an interview, then enter and saw all girls are tall and pretty, then I chicken out

PS: BOTH 'A' AND 'B' ARE NOW SUCCESSFUL AND WELL RESPECTED SENIOR MANAGERS IN THEIR RESPECTIVE FIELDS. EHHHMMM...TEENAGERS' DREAMS NOT VERY RELEVANT HUH..

Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment