Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Surprisingly I Enjoy Tai Ci now

Do you remember when I took up tai ci? I think it was about 2 yrs ago. I surprised myself that I am still into it. In fact I have grown to like it and look forward to classes. The initial lessons were such a bore...I used to yawn and yawn and kept looking at the clock waiting for class to end. A lot of people ask me why I am into such an 'old' activity at such a young age. I don't know actually.

May be I do. Well, I joined by accident..all because my sister and her neighbours were joining. But..I had always thought tai ci is about right for me because of some of the muscle and nerve problems I had. Days gone by...it's been 2 years! And I am enjoying it. I'm quite sure I will continue..in preparation for retirement :D

Seriously...tai ci is a good exercise for the old but..it is best to start at a younger age. Firstly, it's easier to pick up when one is physically stronger. Secondly and most importantly, the exercises helps the body prepare for older age..in other words..it helps us age better!

In case you are wondering..I am not as good as Jet Li and I will never be, 1-2 years in tai ci is very insignificant. My instructor is in his 50s and he started in his 20s. And there are many other seniors who started 5 , 10, 20 30 years ago. Everyone is very humble. There is no such thing is complete...and perfect..tai ci is a life long learning process. The skills just gets deeper and deeper.

Oh ya...and my health is certainly better. Fitness has definitely improved. I can now attend regular combat classes in the gym..no problem. I used to stay away from classes because I feared that I will not be able to cope.

okie dokie..am off to the gym to kick some ass!
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear that especially now your health has improved. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i watched 'coughing' tiger and hidden dragon (Eng version) last night at TV2. can't relate you to the jiang hu fella(kungfu world)at all la.. :D:D

    ReplyDelete