Sunday, July 27, 2008

Another Mind Boggling Encounter With Guards

I've wondered many times, what's the use of having guards who can't communicate. I always fear that there will be a day when I need emergency help and this happens...imagine this:

Help me!!
huh..Tak tahu!
Tolong..!
apa..? saya Tak tahu..!

In June, I wrote about a rather heated up argument over my clamped vehicle with some guards at ML's house. Last night, we had yet another experience with another group of so called guards! As we approached the apartment, I personally was very impressed with these smartly dressed guards with vests that says PEGAWAI (I think) and they seemed to be very alert and active admitting all vehicles taht approached the entrance. When my turn came..I wind down my window expecting them to ask me who I am visiting and had my particulars taken down. Instead... Guard at gate says...party ah? visitor full..masuk check dulu..Slightly puzzled...I made my way to the vistors car park. There were 1 or 2 other guards on stand by at the visitors car park which is not very big. There were about 10 lots on each side. The lots on the left were either occupied or reserved. The lots on the left were fully occupied. By now, there were at least 3-4 cars in front and behind me..equally puzzled on what to do next as it's a one way in and out area. To make things even more complicated..this 2nd guard stopped me and we had this short but enough to drive my blood pressure up conversation...
  • Guard: Penuh. Full.
  • Me: Macam mana? Mana boleh park?
  • Guard: Penuh. Tak da.
  • Me : Ya. so..macam mana? Balik ah?
  • Guard : * gave me a not my problem look and a silly grin* and asked if the person I am visiting has any empty lot upstairs..
  • Me : *what kind of solution is that*
  • Guard : ada kenduri la...banyak orang
  • ME : *but where should I go*...I asked..if we can park outside by the road
  • Guard : Suka hati la and *gave me another silly grin*

Very puzzled..I 'landed' my car near the guard house, switched off the engine, on hazzard lights while my 2 passengers went to the guard house to clear the clouds. Do you beleive that..we were in this 'state' for at least 20 mins. We tried to explain to them that the house owner that we are visiting said that we can double park if we leave our HP numbr on the car. But they refused to give way..may be...they were actually expecting us to drive home.

Eventually, they gave in when J's (the house owner) hubby came down to discuss witht them..and I think one old chap that appearred to be a senior guards arrived. I was even given an empty lot..when this senior guard removed his vehicle from one of the lot. He claimed..he is going to balik soon..Hmmm..is that a good gesture or is he suppose topark there in the first place?

Best Blog Tips

1 comment: