Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Daylight Robbery!

While I was shopping yesterday,
my sister was going through her scariest moments in life being trapped in her own car with 3 forceful unknown men!
For 2 long hours, she was taken on a joyride around town before being dropped off in some unknown expressway in Bangi.
While in the car, aching from her bruises, she was thinking about the worse scenarios that could happen next...will they ask for ransom, will they rape, will they kill?

My cousin was asking me about our eldest aunt whom we have not heard from for some time..my answer to her was..."No news is GOOD news"!

Don't you agree?

When I saw my sister's missed call during lunch ..i suspected it must be something important cos' being sisters we don't call each other at such time for no reason. My heart almost popped out when I heard the news. It is interesting to think back how the brain reacted and digested bad news. When I lost my car....i was at first sad of course. But later on...I started thinking about what's the next car I should buy :D

I can't remember what I was thinking about when I heard my sister re-cap to me her experience. I only knew that I was shopping when she was going through the most dangerous episode of her life. And I went on to tai ci class without her assuming she was working late..when she was actually in the police station and sorts.

This is like my 5th time trying to relay her experience. Instead of going through the details..this time I will start by saying that ...I AM VERY VERY THANKFUL THAT SHE IS HOME. And I hope this is the closest we get to losing a love one (no more in the next 20 years?).

Forget about the car...it's insured. She was telling me that she has original CDs and branded sunglasses in there..forget about those....most importantly she is not harmed and she is HOME.

Now..about those thieves...although they beat her up a little for struggling but we were thankful that they did not do more harm. She even had her handbag and laptop back. They apologised for harming her and even found her a spare pair of shoes in the car. Oh ya..she was also given 100 bucks to go home. God bless you thieves...nevertheless, it's still a crime you committed.
Best Blog Tips

8 comments:

  1. My goodness!! I am relieved to hear your sister is safe.. and I am pissed that this happened! What is this place coming to? Is there no where safe in KL anymore! Just two weeks ago an aunt of mine was up against a snatch thief on motorbike and she was dragged and hurt her arm/head. What are our police doing???

    ReplyDelete
  2. the police are very busy with politically related matters like setting up road blocks to prevent illegal gatherings which apparently are dangerous to us. Also gotta investigate sodomy case ler!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was shocked this afternoon when you told us in MSN today. Just couldn't imagine this kind of thing will happen to someone I know. Thank God that she is not harmed.......your Mom must be watching over her :).

    You are right, the police are too bz with all the VVIPs cases, no time to do REAL work..........sigh :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. WSL, when I told Annie of what happened she said she read about a similar case in The Star where the thief continue to apologize to the orphanage when they stole the new van belonging to the orphanage! Same group? Even orphanage they also want to rob! Scary!
    http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2008/7/28/nation/21937957&sec=nation

    ReplyDelete
  5. fy. i read abt the orphanage news too. May be same gang but different 'division'. carjackers and home robbery?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Quickly ask ur sister to get the claim done because my colleague who went through so much hassles to apply for the claim and ended-up someone found her car after a few months of reporting the case.
    Poor thing, she is now having a new car plus a new liability (the stolen car which needs major repair.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a friend who drives a Satria GTI whose car was stolen from 1U Giant parking! That was like 1 week ago. On that day after work, we went to retrieve his car and found it missing! So, SL.. maybe a MyVi sounds better now?

    ReplyDelete