Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Missing One I Never Knew

I find it strange that I'm missing someone I never met or knew before.

Astro allocated channel 110 as a special tribute to the late Yasmin Ahmad. It's so nice to watch good films like Sepet & Gubra again. They also showed random interviews with her and some clips showing scenes of the shooting process while making the films.

I wasn't really a fan of hers and I regret for not being one. Now that she's gone..so unexpectedly...watching her work all over again..listening to her ...leaves an empty space in me. I do really wish we can have her back. Talentime..her latest film is fast becoming a huge success. She spoke so passionately about her intention behind the story that she wrote the script herself...and her new talents whom she fondly referred to as her Babies. How sweet.

Click
HERE to see her entry titled The Talentime Babes where she posted photos of all the main characters that she personally handpicked.

Going through her blog helps me to get to know her even more. Despite her success...she's actually 'normal'.. She jokes jus like any blogger. She leaves naughty comments. She's just normal. Like you and me a regular blogger...

Back in January ..she posted a video of her Petronas commercial in 2009. I'm sure all of you had seen the ad. And I'm sure..we were all like...'oh..another Petronas ad ...oh..so touching indeed..'






Nobody thought that this will be the last of such commercial from her isn't it? Anyway..she posted this in her blog (click HERE) asking cheekily.."if anyone recognised the lead actor in the commercial"

Watch the video first...any idea? I had no idea until I read the comments. There were HUNDRED AND EIGHT comments for that post alone!

First two comments itself answered correctly. The lead actor is Jason from Sepet. Yasmin replied in the 3rd comment ...


haha, yes! the actor AND the bird shop from "sepet".

and you know what? the family's house in the commercial is just across the street from jason's house in "sepet"!

i love ipoh!


Told you..she is just like us.

Some of her other comments in the same thread as follows:


my jason is so clever. the original idea for this commercial was his!

and can you believe it, jason/seong never liked acting! both for sepet and this commercial, i had to literally force him.

"eh, shaddup! act!"


....

Missing you..Yasmin Ahmad. Rest in peace.
Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment