Tuesday, September 18, 2012

U.S.P



I've written about myBurgerLab - HERE after my very first visit where I tried the Beautiful Mess.

Beautiful Mess - beef patty, fried Portabello mushroom, sunny side-up and mozzarella cheese 


I went back again recently and we tried the Jam with Elvis and The Seattle.

Jam with Elvis -  beef patty, blueberry and peanut butter jam, cheese and caramelized onions 

I never thought that Blueberry Jam and Peanut Butter will go so well with a savoury beef patty and cheese.
I'm kind of allegic to peanut butter or anything with nuts now but..this is way too hard to resist!

The Seattle -  cheddar melted beef patty, espresso spiked umami mayo and a sunny side-up 

The Seattle is also something very unique. Couldn't really taste the espresso but it was still very yummy.  However, with Felicia and her Jam with Elvis on the opposite..comparatively, I think I'd prefer the Elvis.  Gastric or no..I'll take the Elvis in my next visit. 


We got there around 5.30pm, they open at 5pm.  Yes, kiasu we are! But the queue had already built up.  The seats were all taken up.  We finally got to order after queueing for about 15 mins, we were no.35, serving no.16 (around there).


We stood around observing the crowd and crew while eyeing potential seats.  We got our seats after about 10 mins and our burgers arrived shortly after. Not too bad after all.  

So..why the craze?  Such long wait..but why do people still come all the way despite the trouble?  How long will the craze last?


A unique selling proposition (USP) is a description of the qualities that are unique to a particular product or service and that differentiate it in a way which will make customers purchase it rather than its rivals.


I believe the creators of myBurgerLab had successfully (and worked real hard too) to come out with a few USPs.

  • The unique charcoal buns
  • The special names of the burgers
  • The unique recipes and ingredients
  • The limited serving hours from 5pm till stocks lasts
I'm not sure if the above are available elsewhere in town or in the world, but they are definitely something very new and fresh in the worlds of McD, A&W and KFC.  Heck..I won't even order any burger at Chilli's now.


Well done. 

Whether or not the momentum will sustain, we shall see.








Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. I want to try but I don't fancy the queue & wait wo

    ReplyDelete
  2. try reach there ard 6pm, crowd may be lesser. Ask 'someone' to queue first la :P

    ReplyDelete