Saturday, May 18, 2013

On my Birthday


Ok..here's a happy post.  This post was shelved amidst all the elections drama.

It was my birthday some weeks ago.

As with all birthdays..I don't really plan anything special for myself.

It happened to be a Saturday..and on the very day the running community decided to get together for a hike at Bukit Gasing to make a stand for a safer Malaysia following the tragic incident that took the life of Madam Irene Ong who was killed at the foot of the hill on broad daylight.

Two days after the incident the race director of the just concluded Malaysia Women Marathon voiced out : 

“I am able to organise a women's event but what good would that be if there are no safer havens for women to come out to exercise.”



Hence, the appeal for runners to come together for this gathering, despite the short notice.


The main objective was to collect as many signatures possible for the memorandum to appeal / ensure the safety of runners (women especially).
Read more about the day HERE

We didn't arrive early enough to catch the speeches but managed to sign the memorandum :)  before going up for a nice hike.



Since it was my birthday and some of our initial plans for the day was cancelled, we had the day free & easy.

And, my definition of free & easy is Eat. eat and eat.

After all, what can else can be done when they are only two of us.

If you're wondering..Us means me and Jenny.  We classify our relationship as part time 'lovers' as we only get together when we don't have other better things to do.

After all, I think only this friend will do crazy stuff with me.

Breakfast treat at Yeast Bistronomy


Lunch treat at Lot 10 Hutong




Tea at Lot 10 Hutong

The infamous crepes at Nadeje PJ


And finally..a Beautiful Mess as a finale :D


Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Lucky wou went for the hike, at least burnt off some calories ;)

    ReplyDelete