Sunday, November 17, 2013

How I ended up buying the Polo Sedan

I was so tired of all the waiting and back and fro considerations.  I've reached a point of fatigue.  I woke up this morning with one mission - I Must Decide TODAY!

It was between the regular Ford Fiesta, which is already available or the newly announced Ford Fiesta Ecoboost, currently on display and open for early bookings only at the KL International Motor Show (KLIMS) but will only be available in Feb/Mar 2014.

What about VW?  My plan was to take a last look at its Polo hatchback version at the motor show before making a final decision to go for Ford.  I wasn't happy when told that the hatchback will only have two air bags instead of four, no arm rest, no back air cond blower and yet it will be more expensive.  And, I wasn't keen on the much more practical Polo Sedan at all.


Hmm..that was in the morning.

At approximately 11am, we began our journey to the motor show at PWTC. Thank God I wasn't the driver of the day, so I could browse on my phone.  Guess what...my FB newsfeed had a posting from the KLIMS announcing a major power outage at the venue and will be closed to public till 2pm!  Wow....


"This can't be happening..!!" "I must make a decision today"  -- I rambled on and on and on.

We detoured.  In a split second decision, we decided to make a visit to the Ford showroom instead, hoping that they can offer some advice to me on whether I should spend more and wait longer for Ecoboost.


Guess what...the showroom was closed.  Well, the gate and barrier was down. We assumed it was closed. Once again, dissappointed, we made a u-turn, decided to stop by VW instead, although after making the u turn we saw the gate and barrier of the Ford showroom was up.  wtf.


Are all these divine intervention? Someone up there doesn't want me to get a Ford!


Long story cut short:

We ended up in the VW showroom.
I sat in the Polo Sedan for the 3rd time, somehow it felt really good this time, it was comfortable, and most importantly - it felt really SAFE.

The sales consultant this time was somewhat better, offering some very good information that helped me re-weigh my consideration.

He let me take a look at the current hatchback which is quite similar to the new one.

He took me for another test drive, with him driving and explaining some of the features especially in terms of safety of the car compared to others.

I drove it for the second time.

I was sold.

I no longer care that the Sedan is old fashion and uncool.
Safety is more important.  Polo Sdan comes with 4 airbags, and the body is much more solid, etc etc,

After sales service..yes, worrying, but Polo is a relatively more basic car...hopefully, fingers crossed..I won't have any problems.

Maintenance cost?  Service interval is 15K once, compared to my previous car 5K once.  They have a chart that shows the cost at each service interval.  Looks reasonable.

5 years warranty.

And, 5 years Mobility Guarantee for emergency support eg towing, tyre puncture, etc

Oh ya..there's a RM4k launching discount for Polo Sedan, so OTR price is attractive and more affordable at less than 90K.  In house V-kool  tinting available with 1k discount given.  How convenient.  These are the additional perks, that may have helped trigger the final call.


May be, I was tired of waiting and waiting..I just wanna get it over and done with.
May be, I've finally realised and accepted that safety is more important that being stylish and flashy.

Yay..will be getting my new car in December :)



Best Blog Tips

1 comment: