Saturday, November 16, 2013

Save the Tigers!

I signed up for the Wild Tiger Run without knowing much about Tiger Conservation.

It's a new run, it's for charity, it's for the love of animals (something close to my heart), the tee design looked quite nice, so I signed up.




The Wild Tiger Run 2013 was the first of such event.  Organised by MYCAT (Malaysian Conservation Alliance for Tigers) an alliance of the Malaysian Nature Society (MNS), TRAFFIC Southeast Asia, Wildlife Conservation Society-Malaysia Programme and WWF-Malaysia. 

Main objective of the run is to raise funds for future projects and activities.  More importantly (in my opinion), it has helped to raise awareness on Tiger and wildlife conservation.

I learned some important points at the mini expo on the race pack collection day.
There are only 500 wild tigers left in the whole of Malaysia.


What can we do ? 

Stay away from:

  1. Wildlife based traditional medicines
  2. Wildmeat dishes e.g. bear paw soup?
  3. Wildlife souvenirs e.g. tiger claw? Ivory?
  4. Wildlife pets e.g. Star tortoise, Tockay gecko
Report wildlife crimes to : 

019 356 4194 (report@malayantiger.net)
Information needed:
  1. What is the crime?
  2. Where? eg Name of shop, address, etc
  3. Date & Time of Incident



Meanwhile, we had a good time at the run.  I'm proud I ran 10km for them Tigers :)




Those who didn't run can purchase it for RM10.


Even my cat loves it...


Lovely air brush painting at the event













Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Well done Wildlife Warrior :). Next year if you go again, I will be your cheerleader ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next yr you are running too, in fact no need to wait till next yr, many charity runs out there, Terry Fox is in Dec

    ReplyDelete