Monday, December 03, 2007

Medical Check Up

Have you done your medical check up this year?

I just did mine (together with dad). It was just a basic check that includes blood & urine test that checks overall organ function like the liver, kidney, your blood counts, etc etc and some basic tumor marker as pre-caution. While we shouldn't rely 100% on these test but it does serve as a most basic checkpoint. FYI, my mom had lung cancer and these test were not able to detect it.

Anyway, both test results of my dad's and mine came put good. Especially my dad, who is 75 and is a Hep B carrier..all his readings including ECG and blood pressure is normal. Except for slightly higher choleterol level, the doctor is satisfied with his results.

Mine was even better - cholesterol level is normal. I am very proud of this cos everybody else in my family has been havign high cholesterol reading for last 2 years. I believe the oats & brown rice powder that I have been taking with my milo during breakfast helped alot!

well..as i said...we shouldn't be over complacent by the results. It's just a very basic test to monitor very general check points. In a way, it also serves a psychological boost...in a way..I felt 'refresh' after confirming that everything is 'normal'. No..can eat more unhealthy stuffs? I think my dad is happy too.
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Congrats :). Keep up your healthy lifestyle and dun forget to go back to gym. It helps :)

    ReplyDelete