Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Negotiation with 2 yr old person

Am a bit frust out by some work issue..allow me to entertain myself by sharing with you a 'negotation' conversation that I had with theis 2 yr old little person:

  • D: u don't disturb me...(angry voice & closed the door to his room)
  • ME: knock knock...can I please enter?
  • D: No no...don't disturb me please (still angry)
  • ..THE ABOVE WENT ON REPEATEDLY FOR ALMOST 10 TIMES

After several 'failed' negotiations..I pretend to give up..and left the door. He open the door after about a minute..to peep. I pretend to be surprise and started 'begging' him to let me in again.

  • ME: Can I please come in?
  • D: please don't disturb me..I want to sleep ..(he didn't seem angry by now)
  • ME: I won't disturb you..I just wanted to use the computer
  • D: no no..don't disturb
  • ME: ok..ok..can I take the computer..I will use it outside
  • ..HE GAVE IN AFTER SEVERAL NEGOTIATIONS

I took the notebook and purposely use it right in front of his doorstep. He close to the door..and apparently went to sleep. But...in less then 3 mins he came out...all smiley and friendly mood...sat right next to me...curious to see what I am using the computer for.

I showed him my pic on facebook and asked him..'who is this'. He said "koo koo". He saw the pictures on the friends block and asked me "who is this".

Since he loves fishes...I showed him aquarium on facebook..and showed him how we can add fishes. This got him so hooked! We had difficulty getting him to leave the house for lunch. Again..failed negotiations trying to get him to to leave the notebook behind. So..we had to use 'force'. He ended up crying..poor fellow.

Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. ahahaha ... i know what you mean!

    I run into negotiations all the time with Ryan. The trick is to be creative.

    And this is not easy considering the fact that they do not understand logic and you don't understand their simplicity of things.

    End up, I always have to give in without seeming to give in, so he does not think I am easy!

    ReplyDelete