Sunday, December 02, 2012

MADEs can cook !


Had I mentioned how amazing the members of M.A.D.E are?  I'm not saying this just because they are my fellow MADEs and friends, in fact I actually do not know this bunch as well as  I'd like to.

Only 2 of the bunch were my ex class mates, even that we have not met for years until M.A.D.E was formed.

I did mention in previous posts how I was awed by the level of commitment and dedication despite everyone's busy and hectic lives at work and at home.

You'd probably have an idea  if you've been following this site.  If not..let's just say M.A.D.E consists of a bunch of friends who put aside personal differences and life commitments to come together hoping to Make Some Difference.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if I'm half as good as this bunch of wonderful souls.

M.A.D.E raised over RM23,000 in the recent charity drive to support of the Paitan Kindergarten project in Sabah.  A representative was just in Paitan few weeks ago (trip was organised by The Catholic Parish of St Francis Xavier, Singapore) to present the cheque to Sr Dorothy  (who was responsible for starting the first kindergarten seven years ago, to date, she has started eight kindergartens!).



We met up recently for a Thanksgiving and pre Christmas potluck dinner.  It was also an opportunity for us to catch up on EL's experience in Paitan.  As expected, it was an unforgettable lifetime experience.  I'll post some pics on her behalf in another post, if I can get hold of some.  No promises.  Alternatively, wait till March, if I gather enough courage to tag along with her on her next trip to Paitan :)

Meanwhile...yes..I was saying this bunch of MAD(E) people are so talented.  Look what they prepared for the potluck :


Awesome Prawn Salad


Amazingly delicious Chilli Beef


Garlic Roasted Chicken YUMMY






I think this is Caesar Salad



I never liked Lasagna..but..this is unbelievably NICE!

This didn't have a name...but it was really really nice..think: bacon, cheese, potato, sausages..and lot's more
Butter cake & Chips with Salsa dip..O M G


What happend to my dish?


Well...I did a second attempt on the Oven baked Baby Ribs.

It looked quite good actually....when it came out of the oven. 



Agreed?


So..I'm never really that good or even cared about food presentation.  What I did was..just cutting them up, put in the some plastic container..and off I went :D



You can imagine..how Out of Place my ribs were...when put next to all the above.

SOBSSSSS :'(


Here's EL helping me to rearrange the ribs onto a nice clean plate :D


We stole some leaves and baby tomatoes from Sharm's salad...and voila ...!



Char Siew anyone?



 LOL LOL ...








Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. OK la, your ribs look good, more important is the taste & MOST important is the company :)

    ReplyDelete