Thursday, May 17, 2007

Black out

I blacked out for the first time in my life yesterday.

Was doing some weight training, after finishing the 2nd set (20 repetition per set) I felt nauseous and my heartbeat was really fast. Before that I had 25 mins on the treadmill which is a normal warm up session. Assuming that it was a normal reaction I forced myself to complete the 3rd set. After that I felt really unwell. I told my trainer that I felt quite dizzy and I sat down for a while hoping that the lousy feeling will go away. My trainer took my pulse rate and was trying to find out if I didn't have enough sleep the night before. I was too sick to answer him. Later on..I suggested that may be we should call off the session and he agreed.

The moment I stood up, I completely lost my balance & vision. I could not see anything! I managed to grab something to hold on to and I could hear the trainer asking me to sit down. I couldn't see anything and I felt as if I was floating in the air --- I dare not even move!

Thank goodness my trainer was there. He guided me to sit down in one of the machines and lifted my legs up. The moment he did that, it's magical. I could slowly see light again! And the dizziness slowly settled.

Wow! That was scary man.

Why did it happen ler?

Since I felt much better then, I told him that I actually skipped lunch - took only a pau. On the way to the gym, I took 2 Gardenia Twiggies (sugar) & a can of Milo (more sugar) to fill me up. He shool his head & concluded that I can't work out without enough carbohydrate. How I know..I thought the pau is carbo filled ma. And Twiggies & Milo also got sugar & carbo.

He told me to go get a sandwich before driving home. I went with clk to have Naan and Tandoori Chicken instead. After that proceed to have proper rice dinner with vege & fish. That should be enough to tune my system back kua :D

Best Blog Tips

4 comments:

  1. dun play play next time, SL. good thing u r in the gym and PT was there, imagine this could happen anywhere. like in case you were chased by a dog or something, ran then passed out!

    but, hey. look out in the 3rd paragraph (1st para is a one-liner). "... I managed to grab something to hold on...". err, i wonder what SL grabbed. use your imagination a bit, that "thing" she grab can really be many many possibilities :D.

    CLK went work out also or only had dinner with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes your trainer is right, you should have eaten a proper meal before your workout. You need all the energy!!!

    Lucky you didn't get hurt. What if you blackout while running on the threadmill? You might fall and hurt yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chase by a dog? Grab what huh? :D haiyo.. why ur life so full of suspense one? Got see stars or not?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Double check - after lasik should over do exercise/ gym. I might be wrong..

    ReplyDelete