Monday, May 21, 2007

Can't Donate

As mentioned before, I have intentions to make more donations for tax exemption purposes. Well, instead of getting taxed I might as well donate out lor. I've been thinking for a while which organisation I should donate to. I was approached a few times by recruiters from WWF & NKF to sign up their direct debit programme but I was reluctant to do so mainly because I am doubtful about how much money actually goes to the organisation since they are using these 3rd party recruiters.

I surfed the WWF & NKF sites yesterday to find out how else I can donate directly without going through any 3rd party. At NKF, I can either go through Maybank2u, sign up for regular direct debit or pay one off by cheque/drat/etc.

As I am a new user of Maybank2u - I still find the site silly and unfriendly - no idea how to go about doing it. Direct debit is out because it clearly says that it is managed by a 3rd party but doesn't say what proportion of our donation goes to them! Alternatively, to pay one off...I had to print out a FORM, fill it up and fax over manually...what incovenience!

I turn to WWF next. The sites looks much better maintained. The donation page seems friendly too. NO sign of 3rd party intervention. I can fill in my details. Choose if I want to sign up for regular direct debit or one-off donation, choose payment method and SEND. Sounds simple right!

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I tried 5 times! And the stupid page just refused to load. I gave up. I hjope they won't charge me 5 times though!
Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment