Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Exciting Weekend

Well..with all said and reported..there really isn't much more to say. The results had very clearly indicated the Malaysians' SAY. However, this is just the beginning..it will be a long learning process from now on..whether or not things will improve..only time will tell.

Since this is such a memorable season..I guess it is only right that I pen down at least something relevant to mark this historical event :D

The day March 8th 2008 started very late for me. I was in bed until 11.25am because I only went to bed at 2am that morning. My father came home in the afternoon and told me that he voted for 'Anwar's daughter. He went back to Titiwangsa(constituency of our old house)..so I was wondering how come Nurul Izzah ended in Titiwangsa? So I asked..which logo he ticked..rocket, 2 moons or 1 moon. He said.."Green color la..1 moon only..ai yaa...as long as not the Dacing la"

Later..I went with my brother to cast our vote. We were out within 30 mins..very fast no queue at all.

By dinner time..we received rumours saying that the ruling party is losing quite badly. That's when the excitment begins. We were advised not to stay out late and stock up some food - just in case! After dinner..we stopped by a grocery store to to see what we can buy. All the bread were almost gone! One of my friend reacted - "ok..i will go and count my maggie mee" :D

There were live coverage on 8 TV stations and some radio stations. The situation became a little bit worrisome when reports confirmed the defeat of several key ministers in their respective constituency followed by the falling of Penang to the Opposition. With so many channels to choose from..I had a difficult time..choosing the best channel to stay tune to. On top of that I was also keeping track on the All Englan Badminton Open - I missed watching Lee Ching Wei bite dust wor.

Things got out of hand for me when my Astro remote control konked out. I had to get up and about to mannualy switch channels..how frustrating can that be..can you imagine?

I gave up at about 2am. Went to bed..but left my tiny alarm clock radio on. Not that I was awake to keep track of the results. BUt..I did somehow wake up around dawn..when I heard that the Opppsition captured FIVE states in the Peninsular..Selangor inclusive! I exclaimed in my sleeep..and drifted back to sleep.

By 9am..I realised that it is impossible to sleep on. I had to get up to verify the results...to confirm that..it is true ...that the Malaysians especially those in the cities...had unanimously decided to act!
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Yep it is going to be an interesting time for Malaysian politics :).

    Now we have to wait and see, only time will tell

    ReplyDelete