Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Elections 2008 in Malaysia

Malaysia is being hit by the election fever bug. Malaysians will be casting their votes for the 12th term this Saturday, 8th March. Only a few more days to go as candidates race against time campaigning walking the streets, giving talks, handing out souveniers, etc etc

While all these are happening, certain businesses like the advertising agencies, printing agencies, hawker centres , etc are cashing in additional revenue.

Some voters enjoy going ceramah hopping instead of pub hopping even though the weather has been pretty wet...but I was told that these people come prepared with umbrellas!

3/4 of the newspaper pages are filled with election related news and articles ..mostly about what the ruling party has to say about the opposition.

At the same time, the opposition makes full use of the internet and electronic mails to reach their target audience.

I receive an average of 5 emails a day on anti government issues. I only read selectively when it's really interesting....like this >> COMEDY COURT - you must click into this...it's hilarious. Especially the one about elections - ENJOY!

For some reasons, this election seems to be getting into everyone, everywhere and everything. Now..I have to decide what to vote for dinner ('eat' I mean):


Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. After posting this entry, I totally confused myself on whether I should use the 'X' or the TICK to vote. Hmm..the McD ad is no good...confusing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If going by the election rule, the vote for McD will be VOID!! You are suppose to mark 'X' for your vote to be counted ;)..........so I hope you chose Ka Fei Dian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty excited about the election. More so because I am voting for the first time.

    Can't wait for it to come!

    ReplyDelete