Friday, April 30, 2010

Nissan Latio I-key Battery Replacement (Update)

This is an update about a month after I wrote about replacing my Latio's I-key remote battery.  Read about previous experience HERE . To cut the long story short, the remote didn't work well at all after the replacement.  In fact after about 2 weeks, it became so bad that at times I couldn't even start the car without giving it a knock or a shake.

I called the HQ to lodge an official complaint.  The gal ..as expected,.by their standards..wasn't friendly at all but efficient.  Made me wonder..customer service..no service with a smile? Well..it was over the phone..but I read that telephone operators were trained to smile when they speak because the customers may not see your smile but they can definitely feel and hear your smile at the other end of the line.

Anyway..the customer service personnel was prompt and efficient in noting down my particulars e.g. where do I go to for servicing and trouble shooting so that she can refer and direct service advisors from that particular branch to attend to me ..more diligently I guess.

Made me wonder for a second time..is this what customer service is all about? 

When a customer takes the trouble to call the HQ, it indicates that the problem has reached a different level and needs a higher level of attention.  In my case, since we were made to pay so much more for this intelligent function and yet it failed again and again in less than a year, the company had better look into the matter seriuously to calm my nerves man. Unfortunately..I don't feel any of such effort.

Well, someone did call me personally to ask me to bring my car and key over for them to have another check.  And yes, they fixed it and it's working very well now.  The source of the problem ..haha...it's pretty hilarious - I was told that the pevious battery given to me was an expired battery.  *moments of silence* Din't know what to say right.? Yeah..I didn't respond too.

A few days later..there was a follow up call from the same lady at the HQ.  The same cold voice...I can feel that..she's merely...mechanically doing the necessary.  Following up on cases..making sure those other fellas at the branch do their job. No apology.  No signs of empathy.  Unfortunately.

On the other hand, I feel really bad that I'm ranting about it here.  Some of you may think it's unethical of me.  Well, I don't know.  I've gone to the appropriate channels but no one seems to care.  So I rant here.

I still love the car.  It's great. But..how I wish there are greater sense of empathy and appreciation shown to existing customers..who are inevitably the default Brand Ambassadors. And we do not charge!
Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Aiyo at least they attend to your problem swiftly and you get follow up service. Some company's customer service even worse, they dun even have the right info to help

    ReplyDelete