Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ad Sense!

If you have not notice, there are all sorts of adverts in this site.  From Adsense to Nuffnang to Advertlets.  How kiasu ..  It's not that I'm hard up to earn lot's from blog advertising, oh well, since it's here..and it's effortless to include them..why not.  Just as a form of experiment to see if these ads really work earn.

Adsense had been in my blog for more than three years.  I doubt any of you regular readers had ever clicked into any ads. I don't expect you to.  I don't even pay attention to them.  Well..I did click before..accidentally :D  but I'm sure Adsense has ways to detect self-clicks !

As expected, the earnings are painfully slow although I noticed some movement over the last year especially when specific entries started to generate random visitors.  The entries about Latio and Crocs for example were quite popular but I'm not sure how the earnings are caculated based on random visits.

May be these random visitors are more likely to click the ads?
Or..the arrival of these visitors triggered ads of the relevant category to appear?

Anyway..I saw a surprise message today at the Adsense page.  Finally, I will get paid!
hahahah..my first ten USD from Adsense after three years of ... sharing my space with them :D

Apparently I will be getting a card from Adsense with a pin that I will have to key into the site before payment is released.




So..is it worthwhile..?
Well, I did have to 'work' for the ten bucks :D Keep updating that is.  Like now..half the time I donno what I'm writing as I'm extremely sleepy and tired.  Still recovering from yesterday.


Hilarious really.  Why am I excited over Ten USD ?? It's no big deal to most people but thank you :) After all...blogging is a fun hobby for me..I love sharing my thoughts, experiences...and now I get paid so I should be happy right ??


:-D





Best Blog Tips

3 comments:

  1. ok ok... which one is adsense ad ah? let's click click and earn some icecream money... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't simply click la..we must play fair

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done. Soon the money will be rolling in!!!

    ReplyDelete