Saturday, July 31, 2010

Taped for Shape


He he..I wonder if you are sick and bored of my on-going ramblings about running and injuries yet.

I'm idling now..waiting for time to past and too lazy to do anything else..was taking a nap but the sudden rain woke me up.

Yupe..I'm going to run tonight despite the injury.  The doctor didn't say I can't run..nor did he say I won't feel worse after the run.  One thing I like about this doctor is he always does his best to provide alternatives for us (me) to return to sports. 


So..I went to him today for a simple 'procedure'.




He wanted to use a trendy blue colored tape , just like those professional athletes you see on TV....I declined!  Skin color will do :P




Bright-colored strips of tape in odd patterns are increasingly being seen on professional and recreational athletes. Kinesiology tape can help take pressure off overused muscles, reduce swelling and alleviate pain from injuries, say companies that sell it. Scientific evidence is mixed, but clinicians say it seems to work—at least in the short term.
Read more HERE

Ok..I'm off to shower and get ready. Yup..the tapes are water resistant.
P/S : The tapes are not water resistant after all. Absorbs water but stayed on after it is dry again.
Advice ~ better to stay off water.


Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment