Friday, November 23, 2012

Beware of Water Filter Scam


Location: Kuala Lumpur Malaysia

Some young chap in tshirt and jeans calling me AUNTY came by the house and started the conversation by  'warning' about unsafe water 'due to recent cleaning by the authorities'.

He used sentences like

.."please don't boil and drink water from the pipe in the next two days"
.."are you like aunties and uncles from the row of houses behind you, who boil and drink water from the pipe"
.."like them,,can you bring me a glass of drinking water, so that I can test for you"


I walked away.

1. Very obvious it's a scam..
2. He called me AUNTY..(repeatedly!)



Googled and found many write-ups about similar scams in the overseas..


Click HERE to see one of the many

Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm so if they call you leng lui or leng cheh, will you walk away ;)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably stayed to find out what the scam is all about :P

    ReplyDelete