Monday, November 05, 2012

Live Great Run was Great


It was Great.



May be because it's a new route that we've never ran before or the pleasant weather.  It was cooling, traffic was very light, air was fresh...so fresh that I swallowed a tiny leaf that flew into my mouth !

Congratulations and Well Done - Great Eastern Malaysia.  Everything was perfect. Well organised to perfection, in my opinion, despite this being their first running do in Malaysia, and not even being a 'sporty brand' like err... 'you know who'.

The venue was good too. Spacious, clean and bright.  Parking arrangement / signages can be improved though.

Oh..I was so into running..I totally forgot to snap pictures of the barricades.  What a shame :-/


Matrade - Jalan Duta - Jana Kuching - Solaris Dutamas - Hartamas - back to Martrade

It was a refreshing and pleasant run despite the many slopes and hills...


According to Runkeeper, it's a record climb for me :D



Overall I felt quite good..the best I've felt for a long time.  May be, the vein pushing guy really knows his stuff!


Official timing and pace according to the official D-tag.  Don't see any improvement in terms of speed nor pace though.





Ranked 389 out of 852 in the Women's Open category.


Here's a quick comparison by Sportypal. Unfortunately, I don't use Sportypal often, so I couldn't find any other 12km race to compare with.  

This one's with 10km KOTR in September along the NPE highway which I didn't enjoy that much because of the heat, pollution and climbs.  

But..you'll see below..I ran faster in KOTR cos the climb was just half as tough.  Yea..contradictory findings ..lol!


via Sportypal : blue for 12km Live Great Run vs. green for 10km KOTR




Right..so this probably wraps up 2012 runs.

Cheers...

Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. No more runs already? Nway good to hear you are feeling better, so all the pains & blue black are all worth it :)

    ReplyDelete