Monday, November 26, 2012

RIP Professor Ngiam


Once upon a time, a wise man said this to me:

"you will be cured. do not accept that you will have to live with these problems for life. when you are cured..you will find the passion and energy to do lots of other things in life .."


I can't remember when was the first time I met him ..must be sometime before 2008.

Before I met this man, I was always lethargic with muscle stiffness and multiple types of body aches.  Neurologists said that its side effects due to scarred spinal tissues post transverse myelitis.  Basically, it means..I'd have to live wiht the side effects and they are permanent and  I should be thankful that they are minor.

So..I never thought nor did I have confident to go back to physically demanding activities.  I daren't even take up the challenge to concur the Mount Kinabalu with my colleagues then.  I'd joined the gym for years but I only went for yoga classes, occasionally. Subsequently..I thought I'd just grow old learning tai chi :D

Until I met this sinseh.. he told me..that he will treat me back to good health.

He told me..he was terminally ill when he was a very young man, doctors told him he will not live longer than a few months.  He learnt up traditional chinese medicine and slowly fought off his illness day by day, year by year.

He treated me with his pendulum accupuncture technique accompanied with some medication.  Initially it was a weekly visit and as I feel better I tend to go less and less. In recent years I only visit him once in a few months or as and when I feel the need for maintenance.

I strongly believe that it is because of him..that I'm able to go back to be physically active as I am now.

He hasn't been well in the recent years. My last visit to him was early this year, he was recovering from a second or third stroke. I told him that other doctors in the centre were not as effective as him..he said:

All of you say the same thing, when I'm not around anymore..how?


It's as if he was preparing us for his passing.  

Strange enough..I didn't feel the need to see him again after that. Well..I did think about going in for "maintenance" but I've been going for that vein pushing treatment for the legs..I didn't want to spend more money on accupuncture..which I don't feel any urgent need for..


We've heard that he has been very sick recently.  His old friend - cancer - has visited him again.  Unfortunately, this time he's too old to fight off those nasty cells.

Just heard that he had passed on.


RIP.

And..Thank you.










Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment