Monday, April 29, 2013

05.05.13


This coming Sunday, is a very very important and exciting day for Malaysia.  Probably the most exciting ever since independence.

A gym-mate at the regular Sunday class that I go to said.."ok..I won't be coming next week, hope it will be a new M'sia when we meet the following Sunday"

Just realised I've not posted much about political issues here despite all the hype.  Well, there's been so much, I didn't think I'd need to say anything.

In case you think I don't care, I do.  Hence, I'm taking time-off from my work to do this post.

I've been following posts and tweets of selected parties and politicians.  For several nights, I was very close to falling asleep, and ended up watching ceramah (talks) online.

I have short attention span on these kind of serious matters, I'm quite surprise myself that I could actually stay awake in the middle of the night listening to these talks.




Tony Pua at Taman Megah




Hannah Yeoh at Gasing





And this .. I don't understand Mandarin very well, but this is so hilarious yet informative.




A friend forwarded this to me...source unknown.


I'm still trying to get my head around this..

The Opposition stated that they need a comfortable 125 parliament seats to be able to take over.

Found another article from Malaysia Chronicle that had this analysis of possible outcome of GE13:

1.     Popular Vote Tie – If an equal number of voters vote for both sides, the popular vote will be tied at 50%-50%. A BN victory, because they will capture 133 seats versus 89 for PR. (How does this happen? GERRYMANDERING.)
2.     5% PR win – If PR has 5% more voters than BN, they irrationally will still lose the election. (Isn’t democracy about getting more votes than the other guy? Nope, not in the cheat-prone and antiquated British FPTP democracy.) BN will get 118 seats versus 104 for PR.
3.     10% PR win – But if PR gets 10% more voters, then there will be a reversal. The opposition will capture Parliament for the first time in history. PR will now get 119 seats vs 103 for BN.



Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment