Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Downside & the Upside


I was 'caught' in a meeting from 10 am till after 2 pm.

It's been quite some time since I attended such a long meeting.

Before the meeting, the background work started way back in the beginning of the month.  I was roped in from the beginning as an overall support team member.  Although, a few times, it was mentioned that my role is supposed to be more than 'support', it gets a bit tricky when I'm not part of the organisation.

In a way, it's a blessing :D

Since the meeting was in town, I planned to go down town to visit my aunt and have for some 'real food', assuming the meeting ends by lunch time.  I was wrong, of course.

It was past lunch time, all of us had zoned out.  My other 'full time' team members had other meetings to rush to, so I excused myself from joining them for a quick lunch before they rush off again, I needed to get away from the busy area anyway.  Ermm..actually..I wanted to have a peaceful slow lunch instead of a rush one.


As I was approaching my car, I thought about this place nearby that I read about..I was in KLCC, no way I wanna have lunch in KLCC.  So, I remembered this place called That Latte Place..the blogger wrote that it's a quiet little place near Jalan Ampang just about 10 mins from KLCC.

So, I explored..with the help of Waze, and after a few u-turns, I found it!





Nice isn't it?

Food menu's limited, cos it's just a small cafe, operated by fine young man.  So, I didn't have my usual full fledge lunch.  But..hey..I had a fairly good cup of latte in such a beautiful calming place right in the middle of KL city centre at 3pm on a weekday.


So..that's the diff when one's not on a full time pay roll ..heh heh heh.

Well, the downside is, I don't get paid consistently.  In fact, it looks I may not have any inflow in April!  Payments comes in on a per job basis, most of the time in 2 parts, at the beginning and upon completion, ideally.  Ideally, yes.  Unfortunately, more often than not, I only receive payment 1-2 months after invoicing.  So, it's like..I know there's money coming in but it's not in yet. Unlike when I was employed..regardless if the project starts or end early, I still get paid at end of every month.


But as you'd probably know, the down side of being employed is..if need be.. you'd end up working more than 12 hours a day.  

Yeah..so it's kind of a chicken or egg situation..

Good news is I've been busy..just realised it's going to be May!

Bad news is....I've been busy, I think I'll still be involve in this project till end Aug! But I don't see alot of money coming in though.  Oh well...as usual..the 'future' is a mystery.  That's the 'thrill', supposedly.








Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Agree with you on being able to enjoy the flexibility when one is not employed full time.......I am relishing it now :)

    Also like I hv said, busy is good, busy means there is income coming in............albeit a few mths later

    ReplyDelete