Saturday, July 06, 2013

Fortune Cat




Do you believe in this?

Most chinese retail operators will place one of these in there shops, supposedly to 'invite' more customers into their shops.


My friend who operates a retail food business believe that I'm their living Fortune Cat cos it seems like everytime I visit the shop, business for the day will be better than usual. lol.


I don't know if it's coincidental..but I must say that it is quite true from the few times I visited, a least 3-4 group of customers will walk in after me.


Well, from a logical point of view, it makes sense, especially for new places with relatively low traffic flow, people tend to hesitate to be the only one walking in when the shop is empty.  One tends to wonder..why is the shop empty..may be food not good?

So..when there's already someone in the shop, the chances of people coming in to have a look increases.


Secondly, I do notice that it happens to me quite often in other places.  Not just food outlet..it can be a toilet, an apparel store, etc..the shop can be empty and peaceful in the beginning but the moment I walk in, there will surely be some others walking in after me most of the time.



My friend will call me once in a while to 'invite' me to 'hang around' the outlet...mysteriously so far..it seems to work, haha.  I'll do it for a few more times, to validate the cpnclusion..may be setup up my mobile office there.  Sometimes they offer me free food testing in return.  Not bad eh?


Hmm..living fortune cat for hire here, anyone?






Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment