Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Homemade Porky Burger by Sis


We grew up in a fairly poor household where our parents make sure that they give us the best but careful not to spend unnecessary. I'd always wondered when I was a kid, how come we don't buy new furnitures, how come dad always try to hand-make most of the things in the house like the shelves in the kitchen, the table for mom to do her food chopping, etc.

Mom and sometimes Dad too will home-cook most of our food items..from wan tan mee to popiah to pau to our very own kaya and much much more.

While I used to wonder and wish we could go out and eat ..now I miss those deeply.  Mom's wan tan mee, nasi lemak, yam cake...

Dad's kaya and pau were great too.

They used to go on and on about how cheap things used to be when they were younger..and it's too expensive now..and we will roll our eyes...


Now that we are all grown up, we are saying exactly the same :D

Especially recent years..we are more reluctant to spend on certain food items..especially those that we know we can make our own and taste as good.

My sis tried making porky burger recently.

It was really easy.

All she did was some internet search to review several recipe and then choose and fine tune to her own liking.

Ta daaa..



Minced pork, add some bacon bits and garlic

Fry


The usual sides..tomatoes, lettuce, cheese...(she added some avocado too, which I think is a plus)



And it's done!
If I remember correctly..she said her cost is less than RM30..she made a total of 5 burgers.


How much is one porky burger in the outlets?

I'll have to think twice before I head ot another burger outlet :D




Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment