Monday, September 09, 2013

Run for Peace was a Success


Check this out!

PHOTO CREDIT : Run For Peace Facebook Page


I don't know what the organisers at SGM thinks but I personally think it's quite a success.

It's certainly not easy to pull off such a huge nationwide event.  I heard there were 54k registered nationwide!

I was at the PJ venue at Dataran PJ Near Amcorp Mall - the picture above taken from the FB page of Run for Peace.

Below are some photos that I took when I was there.




As I wrote in previous post, we had the Men's Health & Shape Run the night before.  By the time we got home (after getting lost in traffic, and de-touring to dinner/supper) it was already closed to 1am.  I slept around 2am, alarm came on at 4am :s

I was sooooo tempted to ring my friend to call it quits.  I would have..if not for this high school buddy whom I kind of promised that I will be part of the event.  Unfortunately, we didn't even get to meet up.  We were at different corners of the huge field, and I was too lazy to walk over.  Wanted to catch up after the run/walk but it was too crowded and I sensed that he had to leave pretty soon.

Oh well..glad I was there.  Didn't expect to see such a huge crowd.  A different type of crowd, unlike the usual running crowd, this is more family oriented.  Nice families coming together at such early hour for such a meaningful event.

I'm particularly quite impressed with the amount of volunteers from SGM and all worked hard, happily and effectively together to make sure everything went smoothly.  Well, there some hiccups, but I note quick and prompt actions and reactions to improve matters rather quickly,

The emcees were very good, spoke well in Mandarin and English.

The warm up aerobic session was so much fun.  The lead dancer, yes, Dancer, did a mighty good job engaging 15,000 participants to dance along to catchy tunes like YMCA, Party Rock Anthem and a few more.  And yes, I danced :D  I must say much more well done warm up sessions by all other  running events that I've been to.  Awesome sound system could be a contributing factor too.




There were other eye opening performance like the above and drum performance, all conducted by SGM own members, if I'm not mistaken.  Such rich talents.







The run was only flagged off around 7.30am.  Quite late to be honest.  The starting point to exit the field to the road was too narrow for 15,000 people, so it was a slow squeeze.  Luckily this is not a competitive run and majority are not those regular runners, everyone were patient, happy and well mannered.  

This is what PEACE is all about!

Peace is from within us.  Start from our own self, our inner self - what we say and what we think.





Best Blog Tips

1 comment: