Wednesday, September 04, 2013

The Thunder Kick in BODYCOMBAT™ 57


As before, at the last month of each quarter., new releases from Les Mills programmes are being launched by dedicated certified instructors at local gyms.

It's the 57th release this time for BODYCOMBAT™.

I first tried it on Sunday and wasn't that excited about it.  Warm up track was kinda slow and quiet, I thought.  Didn't like Track 2 at all...with all the evasive kicks  and then there's "new kick" called the Thunder Kick.  I'm sure 99% of the class didn't like it :P me inclusive.

Well, with the music blasting away (I didn't like the song) and combined with lunges and evasive kicks (that I never liked and couldn't do), who would have cared what this Thunder Kick is all about?!  Anyway..it looked easy to do, just imagine you're stepping on a cockroach :P

But, even that, "stepping on a cockroach" ain't easy to do during the course of this track. Strong legs and core plays an important role here, otherwise it's easy to lose balance and one won't be working out effectively.

Check out this video that I stumbled upon.




Ahh....after watching it, I can appreciate the move more.  It's all about the Core.
P/S: That's one of the Program Director of BODYCOMBAT™ at Les Mills.
They design and create the choreography and moves of all the releases.

Cool workout, this Thunder Kick.

Anyway, I did the new release again last night.  Growing to like it actually.  I never liked rock songs in BC previously..but now I'm liking Track 4 by Fall Out Boy so so much!




And this during cool down :



BODYCOMBAT™ combines with music does magic sometimes :D
So, it's ok if don't understand what I'm talking about, only a regular 'combater' will understand :P


Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment