Monday, August 11, 2008

Is it wise to have a New Car now?

In the last 2 weeks I spent 500 bucks repairing wear n tear of my six year old Kia spectra! Is that a good enough reason to change? The mechanic says that it is very normal for cars more than 5 yrs (regarless of models), it's either we spent the money paying instalment for another car or pay him the money to patch up the old car. However, after I shared with him my sister's experience with the car robbers..he said.."like that ah..u better dun change car, it will be a pity if u r kidnapped, drive old car, got problem, bring to me, i help you to fix!"


Hmm...IF I were to get a new car...Am considering either a car in the likes of Toyota Vios or Honda City versus MyVi. The salesman says that it is not fair to compare an apple with a grape. Hint..he is saying that the Perodua MyVi is a Grape!

To me..it's simple consumer mind especially under current economic situation - which idiot will consider a eighty thousand car if a forty nine thousand car can offer you the similar functionality. Financially, all three is within my 'capabilities'. MyVi is damn good value for money taking into account its Price and all that it offers in terms of performance, safety, durability, fuel consumption and most importantly - - it's doesn't attract robbers!
Both the mechanic and salesmen suggested MyVi at the top of mind when I asked them to recommend a car. But...I asked them a second questions.."if you are me..can afford Vios ..but considering MyVi because of practicality reasons...Which Will You Take?"
All of them gave me this anwer...VIOS!..but for some reasons..they can't give me a concrete reason to back their choice...why ah?

Ohh no....now I will be an idiot not to go for the MyVi!


P/s: Those of you who know me well enough will bet your wealth that I will definitely not go for MyVi no matter how Right it sounds right?
Best Blog Tips

7 comments:

  1. Get MyVi and the 30k you saved can go into your insurance, roadtax, car maintenance for the next 5 years :)

    and you will be safer...

    and still reach the place you wanna go...

    ReplyDelete
  2. but but..myvii is a grape..I like APPLES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. grape.. the longer you keep them, the tastier they become (eg wine).. Apple, no doubt is nicer and juicier, but it cost twice as much and give you the same nutrition. How?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey ... i also consider change to MyVi when the fuel price increase :p ... but still slightly bigger car gv you more security ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was also considering between MyVi and City last time when I wanted to buy car.. In the end I couldn't resist the aroma of APPLE!!! And no regret... :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. yea yea..got 2 supporters for Apples..yea yea..keep it coming guys..i was actually..going towards the grapes..until i see some Apple supporters here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aiyah you are more or less going to choose Apples oredi........you just need more 'data' to support your decision only ;)

    ReplyDelete