Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Virtue of Loving Others (Source: NST Online)

WHAT is love?
Love is knowing deep down that if I help another, I am only helping myself.
Conversely, if I harm another, I am only injuring myself.

When we realise that we can live together in harmony if we love one another and see the positive points of others, then we are laying the foundation for a strong, loving society.

Often, we exaggerate the defects of others and highlight our good points.
We should in fact appreciate the virtues of others and praise them.
No one is perfect.
However many defects a person may have, he would still have at least one virtue and we should learn to see it.

Our attitudes cannot change overnight but with the right awareness and a concerted effort, it is possible.
It is the basis of a peaceful, loving society.
For me, love is a gift that is free from anticipation.

There are no special conditions.
The deepest level is a selfless desire for others’ happiness.
I infuse this warmth into everything I do.
I listen with my heart and to the heart. I let everyone know of the loveliness I see.

— By Bridget Menezes, author of Self-Empowerment.
Her words of wisdom can also be heard on Lite FM (105.7) from Mondays to Thursdays at 7.45pm.
Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment