Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Money is Never Enough..

Last month SY introduced me to a game in facebook called Be A Tycoon where one starts with a capital of $2,000,000 - that's 2 million bucks. Sounds alot? Not really..cos the game is about Being a Tycoon....and members are ranked in the order of Millionnaires, Centurians, Billionaires & Oligarch. In the game, one buys and sells assets ranging from Consumer goods to Exotic stuff to Industrial products/ sites to IT related stuffs.

With my initial 2 million bucks..I could only afford things like exotic sports car ($1mil) and exotic race horse ($1mil). The price of these double to $2mil in about 10 minutes. SO..with a few rounds of buying and selling..i could then afford other things like caviar farm ($3 mil) etc etc.

Over time..with more buying and selling..I can't remember when I became a centurian member which I just learnt that centurian are members with $99mil to $999mil!

I am now in the billionaires club with a networth of $40,917,000,000....erhmm..how do I read that..40 billion? Anyway, now I can afford to invest in huge assets like a "national park' which I bought for $34,199,000,000 and am still waiting to 'earn' from this huge piece of junk :(

The moral of the story..money will never be enough! I started with 2mil....was very happy raking average profits of 4-5mil per transaction...and went on to become 'billionaire'...and now eyeing bigger investments that will bring greater profits...and so on.

Putting that into real life scenario...we probably started our working life with RM800 to RM2000 a month depending on qualifications. By now..some are earning 4 to 5 thousand...some 7 to 8 thousand..may be some of us are even more succcessful with a five figure income. Will we ever be satisfied? My first car was a Perodua Kembara worth 54k. When it went missing after less than 2 yrs...I went on to buy a even more expensive car at 80k. Gaya ma..upgrade konon-nya. And that time I had little commitments. Few years back..my father encouraged me to commit to a property of my own. This huge piece of liability is the reason why I am still driving my old car :( now.

And my sister still insists that I should change to a better car and not to a practical MyV cos we should "Aim High...have Aspiration...with no aspiration..we will have no desire to improve"

Hmm....I don't know about you..but often I dream about living a simple life in a small little village..no commitments, no competition, just peace of mind. After all..when life ends...we return back to where we were..just I, me and myself. No car no house no money.
Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Agree with you that no matter how much one earns, one will always find that it's not enough as the more money you earn, the higher the commitments you have.

    And then you think back when you were earning less and wonder how did you survive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. think back? I think i was a happier dude when i was earning less ...without car without house then!

    ReplyDelete