Wednesday, April 25, 2012

4th day



I've been 'grounded' for 3 days going to the 4th :P since the run.
Yes..I'm still harping about the run.
Bear with me la..since I haven't been out and about for the last few days.. don't have much to update anyway.

Well, I was out yesterday ...the aches were about 10% less compared to Monday and I ended up parking on the 3rd floor of the car park that is without any elevators.  Ouch..!

Tq for the concerns on the ankle. The swelling has gone down, I believe it looks normal now.  This ankle had always been problematic.  Despite the swelling, I could still walk about almost without any pain, so it's not a sprain, probably aggravated tendon injury due to over-use (again).

That wasn't the main reason to why I was 'grounded'.  It was the major thigh muscles aches.  The run was on Saturday night, I was still out and about on Sunday but skipped gym (obviously).  There were some pain while walking, squatting down, getting up, but it was still ok.

Come Monday morning, I felt major aches on both thighs and the hips.  Getting out of bed was a pain. Walking to the toilet was a pain.  Sitting down was a pain.  Walking down and up the stairs was major pain.  Left thigh muscles were almost useless.  I had to either use the right leg or used the hand to pull myself up on step at a time.

My bedroom's on the second floor.  I work on the first floor.  I hated the stairs.

I thought of my uncle who had two minor strokes in recent years.  This is how it feels like when you don't get full control of the muscles.

When going down the stairs..it was easier to lean on the wall for support....that reminds me of a semi paralysed neighbour in the flat where I used to stay.  One side of his body was paralysed..but he still came out everyday ..and he walked up and down the stairs by leaning on the wall or using the strength of his hands or body to pull himself up.  I used to be afraid of him when I was little : /

Today I can go up the stairs with both legs..I don't need to use my hands.  There are still some pain but it was so much better.

I'm grateful.


Now, I'm itching to go back to the gym ...hmmm..



Best Blog Tips

2 comments:

  1. Red Alert! Red Alert! Red Alert! DO NOT TEMPT FATE!!!!

    Hope this red alert is not too late

    ReplyDelete