Thursday, April 05, 2012

I sound like my Father..



"Roti bakar, telur, kopi in Sri Hartamas comes up to $9.20. Since when become so expensive"...a friend asked this morning.

My reply was .."since we stopped having regular income" :D

Seriously..have things suddenly gotten expensive or is it because we've become more sensitive to our expenses, now that we don't get a guaranteed paid every month end?

I went out for breakie today in a coffee shop.  Noodles was $5.50 and kopi was $1.30.  I was hungry by 12.30pm

On busy days when I eat in, I have my 3-in-1 Cappucino with some oats and biscuit..it lasted me till 1-2pm.  Cost ? Cappucino costs abotu $9 for 12 packs.  Biscuit...was $3.30 for 4 packs.  I only eat 1 pack each time.  So.. a relatively healthy breakfast at home costs less than $2!

Today's lunch was home cooked cantonese style meehoon..some pork, ginger, an egg and some mee hoon.  What's the cost?  $1? $2?


Gosh..what's happening to me? I sound like my father!

But..seriously..I don't feel all this previously. Cos..when we are out working..almost by default we eat out.  My lunch used to be easily $6-7 without drinks.  No wonder food business are cash cows.

Anyway..anyway..no worries..I'm still a foodie.  May be at a different level.  I shall try to eat only when it's really good and worth it.

Like..a good dose of Latte...something I can't make on my own.  But hor..a good latte costs around $8 ..hm..that's 4 days of home breakfast.  Lol~

Or when meeting up with friends..its worth spending a bit more..for a good chit chat.

 "Good food ends with good talk"



Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment