Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Go Sport ID via Earndit


I'm getting one of this :)


https://www.facebook.com/GoSportID


It's called a Go Sport ID - a sports wrist band (made of silicone) that comes with a titanium plate for us to engrave key vital information e,g, name & emergency contact, health condition or personal motto.

Why the fuss?  Well, imagine me running in a marathon or in a park on my own and I collapsed - the ID will communicate for me.  Whoever "the first responder" who came to help will be able to know who to call.

In other words, it's like engraving our contact details to our dog tag, in case the dog gets lost. :D

Read more about it from a blog post HERE

No......It's not something that I thought I need to have. I don't run that often anyway..and if I do run in marathons, our bib will always have our emergency contact information.

This particular model - the Glide costs USD16.95 but..since I have more than enough Earndit points to redeem a $10 gift card for it..Why Not!  They offer worldwide Free Delivery, one of the reason why I took the trouble to order.

After all.I'm a sucker for cute and cool stuff :P







The points are a given.  
All I did was linked my Earndit account to Foursquare and make sure I check in to the gym via Foursquare whenever I'm at the gym. 

Or.. make sure my Runkeeper app is linked to Earndit, and switch on my Runkeeper whenever I run.  

Each check in to the gym earns 15pts.  A 2.2 km run earns about 14 pts.   
I have thousand over points now :)



Can one cheat by checking in to the gym everyday or a few times a day?
I've no idea. Never tried and don't intend to try.
I'm a Buddhist, I believe in living with clear conscience...so I don't cheat.

So..yea..I'm looking forward to getting my Go Sport ID..I just got some problems sorted out, should be receiving in 2-3 weeks time :)

Speaking of customer service..I gotta give thumbs up to these guys.  I sent a message to it's FB page asking for some advice on which model I should opt for and which size is good for me, etc.  I got a reply within hours due to time zone difference.

Today, I had problems with the site while ordering online, I dropped another FB message at around 6pm our time and got a reply after 2 hours.  I was adviced to go on Live Chat with the Customer Service rep.  So I did.  The rep was polite and responsive.  They didn't maange to solve the problem on the spot, suggested that I provide them my details inclusive of payment details..which I wasn't comfortable with.
So, I declined and said I could wait, while I dropped another message to their FB page on the status.

To my surprise, they replied in less than 30 mins with a solution. And it worked :)

I'm a happy customer.

It was only a purchase worth USD6.95 (with the Earndit gift card) but the support service provided was simply excellent.

Hmm..this reminds me of that "International Skincare Brand" that I'm still waiting for them to return my call, it's been almost a month!

Not sure how big a brand or business is Go Sport ID .. but..WELL DONE!










Best Blog Tips

No comments:

Post a Comment