Monday, August 12, 2013

A week after...




It's been a week since the accident.  The bruises are clearing well.  No other hidden or more serious injuries surfaced.  The fate of the car is still unknown pending insurance adjustor's conclusion, the process was delayed due to last week's festive holidays.  Anyhow, I won't have a car of my own car till end September, at least.  

I"m currently driving my friend's Kelisa.  I've never driven a 'mini' before.  MY first experience driving around was with my brother's Saga. Then I got a Kembara, followed by a Spectra before the Latio.  Yes, I do have had many cars!  I have peers same age as me..who had driven more years than and still driving their first car!

I don't know.  I think I have this 'luck' with cars.  Stolen lar. Problems lar.  And now..this c r a s h episode.

Sigh..


Anyway..life has moved on..presumably.    

I'd like to thank my friend for letting me have the car for as long as I need.  Not having a car in KL is really very inconvenient.  Basically, one can't go anywhere without a car.  I've been using the 'mini' for a few days now..to the gym, to run errands, etc.  Initially, it was quite scary cos it seemed like all other cars are gonna crush me.  And being not so used to it, I daren't accelerate much. I'm a little phobic with speed anyway. Just today, a cab driver behind me honked and swore at me for stopping when the traffic light turned yellow.  Idiot.  But, on the other hand, it can be real nice driving a 'mini' around..especially during parking.  So easy!

Yea..I've been real careful with driving.  The seat belt saved my life..so I always put in on now..even for the shortest distance.  I got real nervous while driving to the gym .. and deliberately avoided that particular junction, although, there are many other similar junctions and turn everywhere else.. I'm just not ready to take that turn again.  

When I make similar turns... I still wonder..how I could have missed an on coming car on that fateful morning.

I also concentrate more when on the road.  Strictly no answering calls.  No playing with the radio.  No reaching out to do something else. No multi tasking. Strictly driving.  Everyone should do the same too.  You will never imagine what that one second of lapsed concentration can do to you and the car.
  

So, we had a long holiday last week.  I've loads of "things to do" in the list. While I claimed that I'm moving on...I have not really get back to the 'serious' but boring yet important stuff.

And... I'm holding back strong urges to go car browsing.  I've got to admit..I'm getting kinda excited.






Best Blog Tips

1 comment:

  1. Still look quite bad if you ask me. Hope they dun hurt as much now

    ReplyDelete